1. The article is accepted for consideration only on the condition that it meets the requirements for the author's original articles (materials) posted on the website and in the current issues of the Journal of VICTIMOLOGY.
2. Scientific articles received by the editorial office pass through the Institute of reviewing.
Forms of reviewing articles:
- internal (review of manuscripts by members of the editorial Board);
- external (direction to review manuscripts of articles by leading experts in the relevant industry).
The Executive Secretary (Editor) determines the compliance of the article with the profile of the journal, the requirements for registration and sends it for review to a specialist who has the closest to the topic of the article scientific specialization or sphere of scientific interests.
Reviewer can be a member of the Editorial Board or an external reviewer.
3. The reviewer should consider the submitted article within 2-4 weeks from the date of receipt and send to the Editor (by e-mail) a reasoned refusal to review or prepared and signed review.
The review should cover the following issues:
- whether the content of the article stated in the title topic;
- to what extent the article is relevant and corresponds to modern achievements in science and scientific specialty;
- the availability of the article to the readers for which it is designed, from the point of view of language, style, terminology, structure, etc;
- scientific novelty of the article and the appropriateness of its publication, taking into account the previously published literature on the subject;
- what exactly are the advantages and disadvantages of the article, what corrections and additions should be made by the author;
- conclusion about the possibility of publication of this manuscript in the journal: "recommended", "recommended taking into account the correction of deficiencies noted by the reviewer" or "not recommended" for publication in the journal.
4. After receiving the review, the editor-in-chief makes a decision to publish or refuse to publish the article.
If the article can be published after revision / taking into account comments – recommendations for revision / withdrawal of comments are given, if the article is not accepted for publication – the reasons for such a decision are indicated.
5. The article, sent by the author to the editor after the elimination of comments, is considered in the General order. The registration journal makes a note of the date of receipt of the new version of the article.
In case of rejection of the article from publication, the Editorial Board sends a reasoned refusal to the author.
6. The article, not recommended by the reviewer for publication, is not accepted for re-consideration. The text of the negative review is sent to the author by e-mail.
7. The presence of a positive review is not a sufficient basis for the publication of the article. The final decision on the appropriateness of the publication is made by the Editorial Board (Editor-in-chief).
After making a decision on the admission of the article to publication, the Executive Secretary (editor) informs the author about it and indicates in which issue the article will be published.
8. All reviews are stored in the publishing house and in the editorial office of the journal for 5 years. The Editorial Board sends the authors of the submitted materials copies of reviews or a reasoned refusal, and also undertakes to send copies of reviews to the Ministry of education and science of the Russian Federation upon receipt of the corresponding request.
9. The Editorial Board reserves the right to edit articles and shorten the material.